INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
400g eye fillet beef, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon water
½ tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
½ tablespoon Shaoxing (Chinese) wine
1 tablespoon cornflour
¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
½ tablespoon oyster sauce
½ tablespoon ground pepper
Rice bran oil spray
½ teaspoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
½ onion, cut into strips
1 broccoli, cut into florets
2 bunches bok choy, cut into strips
2 shallots, finely chopped, for garnishing
- Whisk marinade ingredients together until well combined. Marinate the beef slices for 30 minutes to an hour. The longer it is marinated, the more tender the meat will be.
- While beef is marinating, whisk together the sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside and prepare vegetables.
- Heat a wok over medium heat and spray with rice bran oil. Stir-fry the marinated beef in batches until they are just crisp on the edges (about 2 minutes). Remove the meat and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in the wok and stir-fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the onion, broccoli and bok choy and stir fry until they are vibrant in colour and just tender.
- Add the beef back into the wok with the prepared sauce. Simmer in the sauce until the beef slices are cooked through (about 2 minutes). Cook for a further minute or until the sauce thickens, while stirring quickly.
- Garnish with shallots and serve immediately.
Energy (cal) 259cal
Saturated Fat 2.6g