Ingredients (serves 6)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 zucchinis, grated
1 large carrot, grated
400g canned chickpeas, drained
3 teaspoons red curry paste
3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
6 capeseed or wholemeal bread rolls
Lettuce, to serve
Sliced tomato, to serve
Sliced beetroot, to serve
Sliced shallots, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof frypan over medium-low heat, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, zucchini and carrot, then cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until softened. Drain off any liquid.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cooked vegetables, curry paste, peanut butter, yolk and coriander. Process until mixture comes together.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties and chill for 10 minutes. Heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat and cook the burgers, in batches if necessary, for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Place the frypan with the patties into the oven and bake for 10 minutes to cook through. For the last few minutes, place the bread rolls into the oven on a baking tray to get crispy.
- Serve the patties in rolls with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, shallots, and extra coriander leaves.
Nutrition Guide PER SERVE
Energy (cal) 429cal
Saturated fat 2.4g