INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
400g chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 tablespoon rice bran oil
1 chili, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 shallots, sliced on an angle
Vegetables of your choice, (e.g. carrot, capsicum, snow peas)
3 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1. Heat wok over high heat for about 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil and heat for 30-60 seconds.
2. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is sealed and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add another teaspoon of the oil to the wok and repeat the process with the remaining chicken strips.
3. Add one teaspoon of rice bran oil to the wok. Add the chili, garlic, ginger and shallots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Reserve some chili and shallots to garnish.
4. Add vegetables and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes. Add the sauces and toss for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the wok and stir until everything is coated and the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove the wok from the heat and serve the stir-fry immediately. Garnish with sliced chili and shallots.