INGREDIENTS (SERVES 15)
Olive oil spray
2 medium navel oranges
6 eggs, separated
1/4 cup caster sugar
200g cottage cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 cups almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large apples peeled, diced
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
450g Chobani Fit vanilla yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a round 22cm springform pan with oil, and line with baking paper.
- Place the oranges in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 30 minutes, drain. Cut into quarters and put in a food processor or blender until a rough paste forms.
- In a large bowl use an electric beater to whisk vanilla, butter, cottage cheese, sugar and egg yolks until combined. Add the orange paste, almond meal, baking powder, and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whiles until firm peaks form. Then gently fold through cake mix. Then pour into prepared pan.
- Microwave the apples for 2-3 mins until softened. Distribute evenly on top of cake mix and then sprinkle with shredded coconut, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Bake for 10 mins, before reducing to 170°C and baking for a further 50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm with 30g of yoghurt per serve.
Energy (cal) 240cal
Saturated Fat 2.5g